While Uptale is a solution mainly for frontline employees in industrial companies, it is also an essential asset for training students in technical courses. Let’s focus on the uses of this all-in-one tool to create, distribute and analyze immersive training.
The 3 phases of deployment with Uptale
Systemic issues for educational actors :
Even if the use cases differ between secondary education and technological higher education, the reality is the same: access to the field remains difficult for students.
- For students coming from secondary schools, with a technological education in vocational high schools – CAP / Bac Pro in Agriculture, Architecture, Construction, Chemistry or Electronics (etc), orientation is one of the major elements. However, too few of them have the opportunity to really discover the reality of the field in the area that interests them. Although internships exist, their numbers are limited for students and this limits the possibilities of discovering technological professions.
- For students from higher technological education, in BTS, Licence or Master, the increase in skills and qualifications is one of the major elements. In this sense, it is essential for them to be confronted to a maximum of field practices, so they can implement the theories learned in the classroom. However, internships in companies are often too short, practical work groups are too large and simulated situations are not representative of the realities of workers.
Optimal learning: going into the field without leaving the classroom
Immersive Learning has an important role to play in meeting these growing needs. This technology allows the digitisation of the field with photos and videos in 360° in order to teleport the learners, without making them leave the classroom. Once immersed, they are involved in interactive training (object manipulation, speaking, detection, quizzes) that gives them a real glimpse of what they will face in the future.
This is what we call active pedagogy. A teaching method that complements classroom training and e-learning modules.
They use Uptale to train for technical professions
By understanding the need for autonomy of teacher-trainers during creation, the need for immersion in the field for students, and the performance issues of educational institutions, the Uptale solution allows users to create and deploy in VR and analyze at scale immersive training.
French actors of technological education use Uptale’s Immersive Learning to
- Test new knowledge by applying it in practice
- Access corrective feedback and calibrate their understanding
- Live and relive situations to explore professions and/or create good reflexes in their sector of activity
Find our use cases and much more in our page dedicated to education
If, like Agro Paris Tech, the Sorbonne University, or the CFA Descartes, you want to gain in performance, autonomy and training quality, let’s take 15 minutes to discuss it.